All available Travel Grant funding has been awarded for 2016. We encourage eligible organizations to apply should more funding be made available in the future.
A partnership with the New York State Council on the Arts, administered by the Museum Association of New York.
The New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) has provided $102,000 to be distributed by the Museum Association of New York between Jul 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016. During this period we will offer “Mini-Grants” and “Travel Grants.” This new, pilot program replaces the Grants for Museum Advancement: Get Ready, Get Set, Go!
It is said that "the world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page."
To advance our institutions and encourage individual development, NYSCA and MANY advocate professional travel. Travel Grants provide museum staff and volunteers the opportunity to expand their horizons through the support of travel to other museums or professional conferences and workshops.
Travel Grants - Institutions may apply for grants of up to $1,000 to support travel and/or registration fees for single or multiple participants beginning September 1, 2015. You may submit one application for multiple participants to partake of the same professional development opportunity. Examples of eligible travel include:
• Travel to view exemplary exhibitions, collections management projects or interpretive programs in New York State.
• Travel and registration fees for professional conferences or workshops in New York State.
• Travel to conduct research in New York State related to your institution's collections or exhibitions.
• Conference registration fees for regional and national museum conferences such as those offered by the American Alliance of Museums or the American Association of State and Local History.
• Registration fees for online training courses & in-person classes
Travel Grants cannot support out-of-state travel expenses such as mileage, airfare or hotel. Nor can they be applied towards meal and entertainment expenses. There is no deadline for a Travel Grant, but funding is provided on a first come, first served basis. Applications may be submitted at any time, but must be emailed at least 30 days in advance of the proposed travel. Applicants will be notified within 30 days of receipt. To apply, complete the Travel Grant Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have received a Travel Grant, click here for the Travel Grant Final Report Form.